When my son wants something that I don’t want him to do, (say for example.. run around in circles on the bed, handle a really sharp knife, run head-down into the wall…) he religiously follows a sequence to ensure that I let him get his way (or atleast understand his displeasure)
<<Those with heart symptoms are advised not to read.. :-p>>
These activities may last between a few minutes to atleast an hour. Here’s how he gets his way..
- Kicking and twirling into positions that make it difficult to carry him
- Kicks you in places you don’t want to discuss.
- Screaming into your ear when you carry him away from his play
- Yanking your hair (or whatever is left of) to let you know his displeasure
- Landing tight slaps anywhere on your face.
- Biting your shoulder
- Squeezing your tits with all the force he can garner (most accessible part and most sensitive too)
- Oscillating head (moves head fast in multiple direction) usually accompanied by shrieks
- (When you let go) Rolls on the floor crying
At the end, an exhausted me lets him climb down and do the one thing I can. I ignore the loud cries and look the other side. (When ignored) In turn, my baby turns off in a huff, faces the other side and moves on to another game.
But alas! the world is round and we start again…!!